This town was located about five miles north of Diagonal around the Zenas Kilgore area.
It was located in Section 7 of Jefferson Township.
Mortimer had a post office from 1883-1901.
In 1907, we read that a team being driven through Mortimor belonging to Alva Stinson and Colonel Scott became frightened and ran away. Alva was thrown out and the team broke loose from the buggy.