Caledonia was a small village laid out in 1855 in the western part Section 11 of Lotts Creek township. It held a post office from 1856-1908.
This map drawing of the village in 1899 was the work of Mrs. Lavice Ann Noble.
The only remaining building of Caledonia.
We are told that this building is indeed the office of Dr. A.W. Reynolds. He has several living grandchildren in Iowa and around the country. One granddaughter is living in Lufkin, Texas. She and her husband sent us this picture of the building, close enough to read the sign. Thank you, Ray and Bonnie.
Ray and Bonnie chose to submit this portion of their Doc Reynolds' family tree information in the hope that it would assist some other members of the family with their search for their roots.
Highway sign of Caledonia.
Sign describing the first store of Caledonia.
And a second, older picture of the same sign before it deteriorated so much. Again, we thank Ray and Bonnie for this picture.
Return to Ringgold County Pioneer Towns list
Come HOME to Ringgold County, Iowa